Diwali is the festival of lights that starts on Dhanteras and ends on the day of Bhaiya Dooj. Here is the complete list of the five days of Diwali week, let’s have a look.
Diwali is the festival of lights and is one of the most important celebrations of the year. As per Hindu mythology, it is a day when Lord Rama and Goddess Sita returned to Ayodhya after spending fourteen years in the forest. Apart from it, it is also a common belief that Goddess Lakshmi was born on the occasion of Diwali during the churning of the cosmic sea (Samudra Manthan). Thus, Goddess Lakshmi is the most important idol during Diwali Pujan. The festival of lights, Diwali, starts on Dhanteras and ends on Bhaiya Dooj. Read on to know the full details about the 5 days of Diwali week. As per the Hindu mythological calendar, Diwali is celebrated on Amavasya (or new moon) – the fifteenth day – of the month of Kartik, every year. On this auspicious day, Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi are worshipped in the worship called Lakshmi Ganesh Puja. In the year 2022, Diwali was observed on 23rd October. However, this year Diwali will be observed on 23rd October 2022 all over the nation. The Amavasya tithi starts at 06:31 am on 23rd October and ends at 06:03 pm on 23rd October.
|Dhanteras||Saturday, 22-23, October 2022||Trayodashi||Festival of Purchasing Gold and Metals|
|Choti Diwali||Sunday, 23 October 2022||Chaturdashi||Decorations and Making Rangolis|
|Diwali (Laxmi Puja)||Monday, 24 October 2022||Amavasya||Festival of Lights and diyas|
|Govardhan Puja||Tuesday, 26 October 2022||Pratipada||Offer prayers to Lord Goverdhan (Shri Krishna)|
|Bhai Dooj||Wednesday, 26 October 2022||Dwitiya||Celebration of brothers and sisters|
1. It is very auspicious to place and use 11 Yellow Kaudi, 11 Lotus seeds, swastika, and Om along with a Sitting Photograph or Murti of Maa Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha.
2. After Diwali puja at your place, it’s very important to blow Shankh as this please mata lakshmi.
3. Lite a Diya with Mustard oil at the main door and put 5 beads of Black chimri beads for prosperity and peace in your home.
4. For wealth, on the day of Diwali tie 11 Haldi pieces in yellow cloth and chant “Vakratundaye Humn” 108 times, and place the yellow cloth in your safe for inflow of wealth for a whole year.
5. On Diwali, place Kali haldi and silver coin with sindoor on them in red cloth and tie them in your home for wealth and protection from nazar dosh.
6. Place 11 kowdi with haldi , kumkum on them and then offer these to Maa Lakshmi on Diwali night. Next day place these Kowdi’s in red cloth and place them in your safe, you will never face any financial issues. Goddess Lakshmi will always bless you with wealth and prosperity.
7. Place Ekankshi Nariyal in your tijori or cash box of your shop or office along with Red Chimri Beads in red cloth for wealth and prosperity for the whole Year.